Do you have a defective / non working Commodore 64 breadbin?
I probably want it!
Make me an offer on email@example.com and state if you want to sell it or swap it for this working one (you will have to pay my costs in parts and shipping – but not my time) 🙂
Purchased 8th August 2017 on eBay:
- Breadbin: SER.NO.U.K.B1697889
- PSU: Part no. 251 053-11
- Datasette: C2N, Serial No 01202217, Made in Taiwan
- Motherboard: S/N UA196145, assy No. 250407, artwork no. 251137, rev. B. Made in Hong Kong
- U1: CIA, MOS 6526, week 39, 1984
- U2: CIA, MOS 6526, week 39, 1984
- U3: BASIC ROM, MOS 901226-01, week 28, 1984
- U4: Kernal ROM, MOS 901227-03, week 36, 1984
- U5: Character ROM, MOS 901225-01, (no week/year)
- U6: Color RAM, MM2114N, week 32, 1984
- U7: CPU, MOS 6510, week 27, 1984
- U17: PLA, MOS 906114-01, week 35, 1984
- U18: SID, MOS 6581, week 34, 1984. Defective – replaced with 6581R4AR, week 14, 1990
- U19, VIC2, MOS 6569R3, week 39, 1984
- RAM, 7*OKI M3764-20, 1*Sharp LH2164-15
Commodore 64 Computer C64 Breadbin With Power & Datasette Faulty Spares & Repairs BUY NOW.
Greet Computer found in job lot of items and will sadly not power on ?
Maybe easy fix for someone or at least loads of spares. Comes with power pack and datasette only.
- 9v, 1.5A fuse in PSU blown, changed
- SID defective, black screen. Works w/o sound when removed. Replaced with spare
- PSU 5v rail rebuild for future proofing:
7805 voltage regulator, original electrolytic capacitor and a few other passive components replaced with 3A buck converter with 4700uF 25v electrolytic capacitor on input. Patched in after diode rectifier.
- Re-capped motherboard
- Future proofed the larger MOS chips which heat sinks
- Cleaned and lubricated datasette
- Re-capped datasette
- Fixed ticking noice from datasette when fast forwarding with a piece of heat shrink tube (se picture)
- Changed both drive belts in datasette
- Over-voltage protection of 5v PSU-rail on motherboard (installed P6KE6.8CA)
Costs (total DKK 875):
- Breadbin, PSU and datasette: DKK 525.-
- SID: DKK 250,-
- Misc.: DKK 100,-
Let me know if you will buy or swap with this unit 🙂